I am hoping to hold these workshops, but as we do not know what the rules will be by then for social distancing we might be limited on numbers for that reason as well as the limit I have for the workshops to enable participation. Hopefully, it will not be the case, but we might still have some sort of lockdown in place.
- 1.00m – 4.00pm Monday, 23 August 2021 at SFWI HQ, 6 Paris, Parklands, Railton Road, Guildford GU2 9JX – BOOK HERE
- 1.00pm – 4.00pm Tuesday, 31 August 2021 Oakhall Church, 181 Chaldon Road, Caterham CR3 5PL BOOK HERE
- 10.00am -1.00pm Thursday, 23 September 2021 at SFWI HQ BOOK HERE
- 10.00am -1.00pm Saturday, 25 September 2021 at Oakhall Church. BOOK HERE
As in previous workshops I plan to cover what I consider the essential areas together with the areas I am asked about most often. This includes:
- What is the role of the treasurer?
- How or where to record transactions?
- Reconciling the bank account,
- What is an agent?
- Discussion of type expenditure that is allowed,
- Practical problems resulting from bank closures and other topics as required.
The workshop format means you can have input and will learn from other Treasurers, not just me. Participation is helpful but not essential. However, this also means the topics covered in most detail are flexible as I will concentrate on what appears to be the main requirements of the attendees. These are for Treasurers, Assistant Treasurers, anyone thinking about the role.
If you have specific queries about your WI’s figures I might have a chance to answer them, in which case please bring laptop or accounts book with you. WiFi access cannot be guaranteed. The current version of the Surrey spreadsheet and the Treasurers Handbook are available in the WI Treasurers section of the Document Library page.
Tickets cost £9 for the session. With the agreement of your Wl’s members the ticket cost and reasonable travel costs may be reclaimed from your WI. Tea and coffee will be provided.
I look forward to seeing you there
back to News