Date: Wednesday 5 February
Time: 10:00am - 12:30pm
Ticket application closing date: Sunday 15 December
Location: Surrey Federation of WIs, 6 Paris, Parklands, Railton Road, Guildford, Surrey GU2 9JX.
Sheena Landgraf, our Federation Treasurer, will be running treasurer workshops in February, aimed at helping with preparing your annual accounts. They will cover the bank reconciliation, where to post entries, correcting errors and how to present to the independent financial examiner, as well as other areas a treasurer needs to be aware of. She will explain the reasons behind areas as they are discussed, e.g. acting as agents, what payments are allowed, documenting your records, so that you understand why some things are being done.
If you have an area that you would like covered, please let the Office know when you book and she will try and incorporate it if it is not already in her planned topics for the day. If you are asking the question, others probably are as well.
If you have a specific problem with your own accounts we might be able to sort it, but how much time can be spent on any one set will depend on the size of the group and the type of queries.
The sessions will be held as follows:
- Wednesday 5 February 2020 10.00 – 12.30 at SFWI HQ, 6 Paris, Parklands, Railton Road, Guildford, GU2 9JX
- Wednesday 5 February 2020 1.30 – 4.00 at SFWI HQ (address above)
- Saturday 8 February 2020 10.00 – 12.30 at Beech Room, Oakhall Church, 181 Chaldon Road, Caterham, CR3 5PL
- Wednesday 26 February 2020 1.30 – 4.00 at Oakhall Church (address above)
- Thursday 27 February 2020 10.00 – 12.30 at SFWI HQ, (address above)
- Saturday 29 February 2020 10.00 – 12.30 at SFWI HQ, (address above)
Tickets are £9 per sesssion, which you can reclaim, along with reasonable travel costs, with the agreement of your WI. Tea and coffee will be provided.
Your WI will receive an invoice for the event, or you can pay at time of booking by cheque/BACS.
Please can you book as soon as possible so that we can arrange more dates if needed.
As the event information is automatically copied into the Booking form, please ensure that you make the booking from the post for the date you require.
back to What’s On