Date: Wednesday 29 September
Time: 6.00pm - 7.00pm
Ticket application closing date: Monday 27 September
Alice May, artist and author of the award winning ‘The House That Sat Down Trilogy’.
Alice is a huge advocate of the power of creativity to reduce stress.
During this event Alice paints a quick and simple daisy design using acrylics on a stretched canvas.
These bright, little canvases make superb presents for people, and are light and easy to post. They are very simple in design, easy to achieve and most uplifting to create.
You will need to bring to this event:
- A stretched canvas or board. Alternatively, a section of stiff, flat card (painted white) or multi-purpose art paper suitable for acrylics. I usually work with a square canvas for this demo, but an oblong one will work too.
- Colours we will use include, blue, green, white, yellow, pink or purple.
- Brushes varying in width, at least one narrow and one wide.
- Small amount of water in a jar or flow enhancer if you have it.
- Rag/cloth, an apron and a protected surface as acrylics can leave a mark.
While Alice does not necessarily recommend painting along whilst watching the demo due to the need for some stages to dry before adding more, she has said that there is no reason why you shouldn’t do so if you particularly wish to.
This event is open to everyone.
The cost of a place is £6.50 and can be booked via Eventbrite.
back to What’s On