Date: Friday 5 March
Time: 10:00m - 4:00pm
Ticket application closing date: Tuesday 2 March
House and Home Textile Art Course
With author, artist & tutor Anne Kelly you will be working from your choice of house or place (building) that hold a special memory for you.
In this one day course we will start by using basic but effective techniques taken from her books.
Anne will show you how to create a mixed media collage using items from your collections and charity shop finds.
Your piece will be embellished and richly decorated to create a special souvenir or gift. It can be added to a larger piece at a later date if desired.
Sewing machines are helpful but not essential. It’s helpful if you choose colours that suit your house/building and an image of your house/building to work from before the course.
Materials List Needed for the Course
- A selection of plain and printed fabrics (small pieces relevant to the theme) Plain fabric (cotton mix or calico),small pieces – no larger than 40×40 cm Ribbon or lace scraps – small buttons
- Pritt/glue stick
- Paper scissors and an A4 sheet cartridge paper
- Printing blocks
- Acrylic or fabric paint (small amount) and small pieces of sponge
- Sewing kit for hand stitching
- Fabric Scissors
- Sewing machine or needles and selection of thread
This event is open to everyone although we only have 15 places available.
The cost of a place is £25.00 for the whole day and can be booked via Eventbrite.
back to What’s On