Date: Tuesday 20 October
Time: 6.00pm - 7.00pm
Ticket application closing date: Monday 19 October
Take time for yourself, relax and have fun during this one hour introduction to drawing.
Tickets sales have now reached capacity but there is a waiting list.
Sophie Artemis will present an introduction to drawing and show you which pencil does what, and how to make something 3D (describing volume).
Please note there are only 10 places for this event for Surrey Federation WI Members Only.
Sophie Artemis is an artist and tutor , and more information about her can be found on her website at: www.sophieartemis.com. Sophie has delivered artist-led workshops at Watts Gallery, Crafts Council London, V&A and in a high security prison. She also teaches a regular drawing & illustration class, now delivered on Zoom. Her work is held at the Tate Library and the National Art Library at the V&A.
The cost of places is £6.50, which can be booked via Eventbrite. Tickets sales have now reached capacity but there is a waiting list.
As this course is online only, to fully participate in this course you will need:
- an email address;
- a reliable internet connection;
- a computer/laptop /tablet with a fully updated browser (preferably Google Chrome), and with a microphone and webcam; and
- somewhere comfy to sit and draw next to your computer/laptop/tablet so that you can show me your work as you draw.
What will I need to bring to this Zoom class?
- a pencil (if possible 3: an H pencil, an HB pencil and a 2B/4B pencil);
- a rubber;
- a pencil sharpener;
- at least 4 sheets of A4 paper (if possible cartridge/ drawing paper 130 gsm or more, but if not, photocopy paper is okay which is lighter at 80 gsm); and
- some objects to look at that you have in the home including a box shape, a cylinder shape and a ball/sphere shape (eg. a tin/cereal box, a cup and an orange/ apple).
back to What’s On